Thursday, June 13, 2013

Jam


I am a serious jam fanatic and have wanted to make my own jam for a while. I make a great fruit compote, but haven't been up to making jam with all the preserving and sterilizing, etc. The downside of fruit compote is that it only lasts for a few days.



But I just discovered the jam queen, Christine Ferber, and have sent for her cookbook "Mes Confitures".


I can't wait for it to get here. This year I will attempt to make jam and next year, if I can figure out how to keep the squirrels out of my garden, I will try to grow my own raspberries and strawberries. I did grow strawberries for the last couple of summers, but every morning I would find that some little animal was in my garden the night before and had had a little feast. No strawberries for me.

If anyone has any tips on keeping little critters out of the garden (humanely) please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment